Selling prescription spectacles
come see for yourself
SINGLE VISION LENSES
We are happy to sell single vision spectacles online provided the following is correct:
- You provide details from a current (no more than 2 years old) and valid prescription. You must tick the relevant box before purchasing to declare that this is correct.
- You provide your Pupillary Distance (PD) measurement from your prescription
- You are over 16 years of age. You must tick the relevant box before purchasing to declare that this is correct.
- Your prescription is of no more than +/-6.00 Spherical (Sph) and +/-2.00 Cylinder (Cyl)
Please see Your Prescription page for more information.
Please note that for the perfect pair of spectacles, accurate measurements need to be taken. These measurements are guaranteed to be correct if you visit us in store for an eye examination.
BIFOCAL AND VARIFOCAL LENSES
Bifocal and varifocal lenses require more complex and accurate measuring that may vary from frame to frame. We feel these measurements can only be made when you visit our store personally. Therefore, we will only supply bifocal or varifocal lenses in store with the exception of the following:
- When we are reglazing an existing frame which has already been glazed with this type of lens and has been measured accurately. As we are able to copy these measurement we will be confident your vision will not be affected by inaccurate measurements. For more information see our reglazing your own frame page.
- If you know your correct frame measurements, and can send us lenses and an old frame, so measurements can be copied exactly.
COME IN STORE
At SightDirect we believe that spectacles should be a unique custom-made item that are measured for each individual. Every pair of spectacles comes with a variety of options. Frames come in different designs, styles, materials and sizes, while lenses also have different designs, materials, and lens treatments. If you come and see us in store, SightDirect will always give advice on frame choice including style and fit. We will also discuss all lens types suitable for your prescription and individual needs, including explaining the benefits of extra coatings or tints. SightDirect believe the one-to-one attention you receive is very important as no two people have the same optical prescription or the same head size and shape. Our expertise and product knowledge combined with our personnel customer service make buying a pair of spectacles a unique individual experience.
We hope to see you soon for an individual fitting!